Update on Monday 11 January
Our bins collections service provided by Biffa has been experiencing disruption recently as a number of staff are either currently absent from work due to having Covid-19 symptoms, or are self-isolating.
We thank all our residents for the messages and comments of support for the bin crews and their efforts in catching up with collections, and especially your understanding and support during this challenging peiod.
Please note the following:
- The Council’s contact centre is experiencing very high call volumes at the moment which may result in delays for residents phoning in
- Collections may be later than usual or at different times
- To put bins out on normal collection days and we will get to them as soon as we can
- Brown bin collections (garden waste) are due to be resume this week
- Only to report you bin as missed if you know the rest of your street has been completed. You can do this at https://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/do-it-online/report-it/missed-bin
- Recycling is still going to our normal materials recycling facility
- Please do avoid contaminating recycling
- Details for local Household Waste and Recycling Centres managed by Staffordshire County Council can be found at https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Waste-and-recycling/recyclingcentres/RecyclingCentres-overview.aspx