Controls over anti-social dog ownership are set to be maintained in the District with the renewal of the existing Dog Control Order, the full text of which can be accessed here . The Order has now been in place for three years and imposes various requirements on owners / persons in control of dog(s) in public places:
- To pick up and remove dog faeces in the event of fouling;
- To keep dogs on leads when near roads / carriageways and adjoining footpath verges within 3 metres of the highway;
- To place dogs on leads when instructed to do so by authorised officer or police officer;
- To exclude dogs from certain fenced childrens’ play areas;
- To be in control of no more than 6 (six) dogs at any one time
The provisions of the Order do not apply to a person with a disability who is accompanied by an assistance dog.
Offences are dealt with by way of Fixed Penalty Notices, with prosecution on failure to pay.
The Council now proposes to extend this Order for a further three-year period.
Any responses in relation to this proposal should be e mailed to: email@example.com .
Please title your e-mail “Dog Control Order” .
Alternatively, responses can be addressed to:
Cannock Chase Council
Please note the final date for receipt of responses is 30 May 2021.
Last Updated: 17/05/2021