The Environmental Protection Team aims to improve the lives of those who live and work in Cannock Chase District and those who visit the area and to protect the environment through education, persuasion and enforcement in relation to:
Air pollution, noise, contaminated land, flytipping, public health nuisances and pests
This is achieved by:
- Implementing strategies to improve air quality and assessing contamination of land, requiring its remediation as necessary.
- Delivering programmed Environmental Enforcement Actions.
- Providing expert advice on consultation for Development Control, Building Control and the Licensing Unit.
- Ensuring compliance with Permits issued under the Environmental Permitting Regulations. .
- Investigating noise, air pollution and general public health complaints.
- Identifying and resolving problems associated with contaminated land and air quality.
- Enforcing fly tipping and littering laws and issuing fixed penalty notices.
- Managing the Council's pest control service.
- Consulting on planning & licensing applications,
- Partnership working and taking appropriate action in accordance with the Enforcement Concordat.